A property condition evaluation is where the buyer or someone representing them takes their own notes on the defects, etc. on the chosen property. This type of evaluation doesn’t include a computerized report. Photos taken by the inspector upon the request of the client will be sent to buyer via email. This type of property condition evaluation usually takes the same amount of time as a residential inspection, but is usually discounted due to no computerized report being issued. Many times clients might want to evaluate two or three properties on one given day before making a decision before making an offer. The cost of the evaluation is determined by the age, type, size and complexity of the structure.
Call: 770-461-3408 to schedule an inspection or to have any questions answered
What A Property Condition Evaluation Covers
Hundreds of items are evaluated and you will be taking your own notes to the conditions of the structures components and systems, including identification of significant observable deficiencies, that are identified at the time of the evaluation.
The following is a listed of what areas/components are included in this evaluation:
- GROUNDS – driveway, walkways, retaining walls, patio, fences and gates, grading, and landscape features.
- EXTERIOR – stairs, walls, trim, doors, windows, porch, deck, gutter and downspouts and the chimney.
- GARAGE/CARPORT – garage interior and garage vehicle door operation etc.
- FOUNDATION – slab on grade, raised foundation, crawl space and framing or basement foundation walls and framing.
- ROOF & ATTIC – roof type, flashing, attic including ventilation and insulation.
- PLUMBING – main line, supply line, waste lines, exterior faucets, water heater and laundry area.
- HEATING AND COOLING – type of system, unit efficiency, fuel source, unit condition, and location.
- ELECTRICAL – service supply, main panel, sub panels, conductor type smoke detectors and wiring defects.
- INTERIOR – doors, windows, walls, ceilings, floors, fireplace, ceiling fans, and stairs/handrails.
- KITCHEN – sink plumbing, disposal, counters, cabinets, and all installed appliances.
- BATHROOMS – locations, toilets, sink plumbing, counters, cabinets, venting, bathtubs, and showers.
To schedule an inspection or to have any questions answered please call – 770-461-3408